Truelancer.com is one of the fastest-growing online marketplaces. Truelancer.com is some how-to similar to freelancer marketplace.
1) How to Get registred With Truelancer?
The first fore step is to get registered with truelancer.com. You can log with your valid email or Facebook id. I recommend you to register with your mail id and do double verification with your mail-id. You need to have a valid mobile number for future payment transactions and one-time password verification.
The Dashboard, you get two symbols one of chat and another one for updates in the above of the website. Where you can chat with your client and get the latest notification about the project. It provides a separate unique profile id to each Freelancer. You can manage even an agency account in the same profile.
In the Dashboard, you can also search for jobs with the help of the above toolbar. This toolbar is also helpful in searching for a freelancer or expert for your project too. In a free membership account, Truelancer offers fifteen free bids per month to apply for the job. Truelancer.com is also available on App. During account registration, you need to provide accurate details of personal and professional information.
Must Read: The Ugly Truth About Guru.com
2) Upload your bank and professional details to complete your profile
You can’t target all skills at the same time. Better start with one or two skills, then once your account is older, add later more. Expertise should be relevant to your profile. Truelancer seeks two payment gateway details for your account. It is mandatory.
You can use a credit card or PayPal account as a primary payment account. The primary account is an account in which you pay to Freelancer for paying membership charges and other related fees. The secondary account is an account where you can withdraw money from the guru once you paid by the client.
If you are US citizen, then you also need to submit a W9 form for tax deductions and report. In a Secondary account, you need to put your bank account, wire transfer, Payoneer, and PayPal details for withdrawal. Each transaction about some additional charges which is charged by payment Gateway Company.
Freelancer charges only 10% commission from each transaction that you paid by the client. For the Hourly project, it costs a flat $5 for each project.
You also need to upload your unique identity numbers, government-issued identity cards, and other essential information details in Truelancer. It will increase your credibility.
3) Upload profile photo
You can upload your professional photo as well as the introduction video of your professional skill set. The photo should be neat and clean and clearly show your picture professionally. You can also put your organization logo if you registered Truelancer.com as an agency account.
But It doesn’t allow you to put your company website address in your profile. Like other websites like Guru, you can’t add featured team members in your profile. Freelancer client offers the fixed and hourly based project to the freelancer. The tracker can track hourly based jobs.
4) Upload portfolio
The portfolio is a vital tool to grab projects on any of the freelancing websites. The portfolio should be relevant and must be matching with your skillset and experience. Apart from your portfolio you also prepare a good business proposal for your clients. This proposal can be multiple depending upon the skills which you targeting. A good proposal is key to the success of freelancing websites. Here you can see a few of my examples of a business proposal.
If you have a working video of your project then it is more appreciable. You can also put these portfolio details in your external drive link and once you ready to send the proposal simple add this link in your proposal. You can create a stunning work portfolio with the help of grab.com and coroflot.com.
There are many more websites who can help you to create an amazing portfolio. If you complete one or two projects on Truelancer then try to save these project details on the computer. With these details, you can create your portfolio too.
5) Select a membership plan
You can try with a free membership account on Truelancer. And once you got some payment, then switch to a paid membership account. In a free account, you can only bid fifteen projects monthly. But in a paid membership account, you get several unique and rollover options.
Truelancer never counts a bid if you get an invitation from the client. Here is no feature of rollback in the free membership account. In the open membership plan, you need to pay additional bucks per test. Whereas in paid membership plans, you can join Q/a sessions, search booster, and free skill test. If you are a blogger and looking for content writing projects in English, then you must pass the English test on truelancer.com.
Truelancer mostly charges from the freelancers, not the clients.
For the freelancer, they have five membership plans which are available in yearly as well as a monthly time frame. They are offering the following benefits:
- Free – $0/month – Mostly suited for new freelancers to explore more, and in this plan, the freelancer needs to bear a 10% project/service fee, with a $75 bidding limit.
- Intro – $1/month – This plan allows you to increase your number of skills, portfolio, and service listings.
- Basic – $5/month – This plan allows you to send more proposals to the client with an increase in the number of skills and portfolio showcase.
- Pro – $10/month – The unique feature of the plan is that freelancers need to pay flat 8% as a commission for each transaction.
- Plus – $48/month – This the highest plan offer by True lancer. It offers most of the services of True lancer at affordable prices. It enables maximum listings, skills, and portfolio showcase.
Truelancer is the best platform for new babies. If you are the first-day student in this freelancing world, then better start with Truelancer first later once you get good reviews there, than you can try over others website. Most of the clients are available on various freelancing websites. So you have a golden chance to engage your clients.
6) How to bid the project?
Bidding is an art of success in a freelancing career. If you have a relevant portfolio, stunning business proposal, and excellent communication, then nobody can stop you from grabbing a project on any of the freelancing websites.
Once the project appears on your Dashboard, you can click on it and send your bid proposal to the client. You can bid projects while searching for the freelancer Search engine. The same process is applicable if you are looking for freelancers.
7) How to manage during Dispute?
Freelancer has limitations to do with much during Dispute. If the hourly price projects, then freelancers must be paid at any circumstances. During the fixed price job, freelancers need to meet the deadline and project requirements.
If he/she fails to deliver the project at the right time with client expectation, then the client may give me another chance to meet his project expectation and offer you revision, but one more time failure leads to a refund of payment to the client from escrow. It is advisable that if you fail to meet the project expectation, then return the escrow payment to the client. Until and unless the client never put lousy feedback on your profile. In this way, your guru profile never hampers for future upcoming projects.
If you successfully meet the expectation of the client, then you can ask the client to provide useful feedback at the end of the experience.
8) What is NDA?
NDA stands for a Non-disclosure agreement. This agreement signed between freelancers and clients, thereby binding freelancers not to disclose any confidential information related to a project. It’s a copyright issue for the client, and you need to be very careful before signing any NDA. Any leakage of confidential information from your end binds you to undergo legal proceedings. This case Guru will also ban your account.
9) What is the escrow account?
Most of the freelancers and clients have one common question in their mind.
How I get paid? And what to do if freelancers fail to deliver the project on time?
Escrow is a method used when two parties (Freelancers & clients) are in the process of completing a transaction (Projects), and there is uncertainty over whether one party or another will be able to fulfill their obligations. Contexts that use escrow include Internet transactions, banking, intellectual property, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and law, and many more.
- Escrow is the use of a third party, which holds an asset or funds before they transferred from one party to another. Here Freelancer has an Escrow account in which client money is held and release once the project completed in due time.
- The third-party holds the funds until both parties have fulfilled their contractual requirements. In case of dispute, Freelancer has the right to refund the payment to the client if a freelancer unable to meet the requirement.
- Escrow is associated with internet transactions, but it can apply to any situation where funds will pass from one party to another. Freelancer also needs not to worry whether he paid or not. The client already funded the project fee into escrow. Once a freelancer completes the task, that payment transferred into his/her account.
- Never start your work if the client fails to deposit funds in escrow.
10) What not to do on Truelancer.com?
Never looser your patience even during the Dispute. Your behavior and patience play a vital role in the online market place. Never disclose your personal information in your bid. Never try to ditch the client. Never try to start a conversation with the client apart from the freelancing website. It leads to permanently banned from your account.
You must use one single account on one unique IP address. Multiples account holding another reason to ban your account on freelancing market place. Never do incentive methods to get maximum positive feedback on your profile. Here are some pros and cons of working on a Truelancer.
Benefits to work on Truelancer.com
1) It is a replica of the freelancer website. Fresher’s can may try this website.
2) Easy and fast to communicate with the client.
3) Transparent, source of payment.
4) Various skills are available to work.
5) Best websites for Content Writers, graphic designers, and website designers. They get the response quickly.
6) In Truelancer, you can also promote your offers as like Gigs on Fiverr. It is also available on App.
7) Truelancer offers free for initial months for a freelancer, but later they have as like freelancer basic, pro, and plus membership plans.
8) Freelancer needs to pay flat 10% as a commission from each project in a free and basic membership plan, but in the Pro & Plus plan, they need to pay 8% as a commission from each transaction.
9) Buyers need to pay an additional 2% to 8% if they are paying freelancers using a credit card, debit card, and net banking.
10) In free membership, plan sellers allotted 15 free proposals for a month, and they can purchase additional proposal credits like Upwork.
Although there are pros and cons to Truelancer.com, you can make passive income from this website. I know a few freelancers earning in the range of $15000-$20000 per monthly easily. You can try your luck and earn money online.