[su_heading size=”15″ margin=”30″]10 Things You Should Know About How To Earn From Freelancer.com. [/su_heading]
Freelancer.com is an Australian based talent staffing company. Recently Freelancer made a world record of having 25 million registered users with the completion of 12 million projects online. One of the fastest growing online working websites in the world.
There are different fee structures for freelancers and clients. It varies depending on the type of membership plan, type of project, or service. Here is the list below that how much does a Freelancer.com cost to their users?
· There is a flat commission charge of 10% for fixed-price projects depending on the payment transactions. So on every payment transaction, you need to pay 10% as a commission to freelancer.com
· It slightly differs in the case of hourly jobs, and you may be charged either 10% or USD 5.00, whichever is higher for hourly projects
· Freelance also conduct regular contests in which you need to pay either 10% or USD 5.00, whichever is greater
· If you have services, then you need to pay a 20% fee of the total service price.
· Preferred Freelancer Program charged flat 15% of the project fee. Whether it is hourly or fixed price jobs.
When I joined freelancer.com in the year 2014, and I got my first project within six months. My first project is the worth of Just $10, but after the completion of almost five years, I manage to earn more than $10,000.
How to work on Freelancer with The following steps?
1) Get registered with Freelancer.com
The first fore step is to get registered with guru.com. You can log with your valid email or Facebook id. I recommend you to register with your mail id and do double verification with your mail-id. You need to have a valid mobile number for future payment transactions and one-time password verification. The Dashboard, you get two symbols one of chat and another one for updates in the above of the website. Where you can chat with your client and get the latest notification about the project. Freelancer.com provides separate unique profile id to each Freelancer. You can manage even an agency account in the same profile. In the Dashboard, you can also search for jobs with the help of the above toolbar. This toolbar is also helpful in searching for a freelancer or expert for your project too. In a free membership account, Freelancer.com offers eight free bids per month to apply for the job. Freelancer.com is also available on App. During account registration, you need to provide accurate details of personal and professional information.
2) Upload your bank and professional details to complete your profile
You can’t target all skills at the same time. Better start with one or two skills, then once your account is older, add later more. Expertise should be relevant to your profile. Freelancer seeks two payment gateway details for your account. It is mandatory.
You can use a credit card or PayPal account as a primary payment account. The primary account is an account in which you pay to Freelancer for paying membership charges and other related fees. The secondary account is an account where you can withdraw money from the guru once you paid by the client. If you are US citizen, then you also need to submit a W9 form for tax deductions and report. In a Secondary account, you need to put your bank account, wire transfer, Payoneer, and PayPal details for withdrawal. Each transaction about some additional charges which is charged by payment Gateway Company. Freelancer charges only 10% commission from each transaction that you paid by the client. For the Hourly project, it costs a flat $5 for each project.
You also need to upload your unique identity numbers, government-issued identity cards, and other essential information details in Freelancer. It will increase your credibility.
3) Upload profile photo
You can upload your professional photo as well as the introduction video of your professional skill set. The photo should be neat and clean and clearly show your picture professionally. You can also put your organization logo if you registered freelancer.com as an agency account. But It doesn’t allow you to put your company website address in your profile. Like other websites like Guru, you can’t add featured team members in your profile. Freelancer client offers the fixed and hourly based project to the freelancer. The tracker can track hourly based jobs.
4) Upload portfolio
The portfolio is a vital tool to grab projects on any of the freelancing websites. The portfolio should be relevant and must be matching with your skillset and experience. Apart from your portfolio you also prepare a good business proposal for your clients. This proposal can be multiple depending upon the skills which you targeting. A good proposal is a key to the success of freelancing websites. Here you can see a few of my examples of a business proposal. If you have a working video of your project then it is more appreciable. You can also put these portfolio details in your external drive link and once you ready to send the proposal simple add this link in your proposal. You can create a stunning work portfolio with the help of grab.com and coroflot.com. There are many more websites who can help you to create amazing portfolio. If you complete one or two projects on freelancer then try to save these project details on the computer. With these details, you can create your portfolio too.
5) Select a membership plan
You can try with a free membership account in Freelancer. And once you got some payment, then switch to a paid membership account. In a free account, you can only bid eight projects monthly. But in a paid membership account, you get several unique and rollover options. Freelance never count a bid if you get an invitation from the client. Here is no feature of rollback in the free membership account. Freelance offers monthly and yearly paid membership plan, which starts from $1 to $57 per month. In an open membership plan, you need to pay additional bucks per test. Whereas in paid membership plans, you can join Q/a sessions, search booster, and free skill test. If you are a blogger and looking for content writing projects in English, then you must pass the English test on Freelancer.com.
6) How to bid the project?
Bidding is an art of success in freelancing career. If you have a relevant portfolio, stunning business proposal, and excellent communication, then nobody can stop you from grabbing a project on any of the freelancing websites. Once the project appears on your Dashboard, you can click on it and send your bid proposal to the client. You can bid projects while searching for the freelancer Search engine. The same process is applicable if you are looking for freelancers.
7) How to manage during Dispute?
Freelancer has limitations to do with much during Dispute. If the hourly price projects, then freelancers must be paid at any circumstances. During the fixed price job, freelancers need to meet the deadline and project requirements. If he/she fails to deliver the project at the right time with client expectation, then the client may give me another chance to meet his project expectation and offer you revision, but one more time failure leads to a refund of payment to the client from escrow. It is advisable that if you fail to meet the project expectation, then return the escrow payment to the client. Until and unless the client never put lousy feedback on your profile. In this way, your guru profile never hampers for future upcoming projects.
If you successfully meet the expectation of the client, then you can ask the client to provide useful feedback at the end of the experience.
8) What is NDA?
NDA stands for a Non-disclosure agreement. This agreement signed between freelancers and clients, thereby binding freelancers not to disclose any confidential information related to a project. It’s a copyright issue for the client, and you need to be very careful before signing any NDA. Any leakage of confidential information from your end binds you to undergo legal proceedings. This case Guru will also ban your account.
9) What is the escrow account?
Most of the freelancers and clients have one common question in their mind.
How I get paid? And what to do if freelancers fail to deliver the project on time?
Escrow is a method used when two parties (Freelancers & clients) are in the process of completing a transaction (Projects), and there is uncertainty over whether one party or another will be able to fulfill their obligations. Contexts that use escrow include Internet transactions, banking, intellectual property, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and law, and many more.
- Escrow is the use of a third party, which holds an asset or funds before they transferred from one party to another. Here freelancer has an Escrow account in which client money is held and release once the project completed in due time.
- The third-party holds the funds until both parties have fulfilled their contractual requirements. In case of dispute, the freelancer has the right to refund the payment to the client if a freelancer unable to meet the requirement.
- Escrow is associated with internet transactions, but it can apply to any situation where funds will pass from one party to another. Freelancer also needs not to worry whether he paid or not. The client already funded the project fee into escrow. Once a freelancer completes the task, that payment transferred into his/her account.
- Never start your work if the client fails to deposit funds in escrow.
10) What not to do on Freelancer.com?
Never looser your patience even during the Dispute. Your behavior and patience play a vital role in the online market place. Never disclose your personal information in your bid. Never try to ditch the client. Never try to start a conversation with the client apart from the freelancing website. It leads to permanently banned from your account.
You must use one single account on one unique IP address. Multiples account holding another reason to ban your account on freelancing market place. Never do incentive methods to get maximum positive feedback on your profile.
- Easy to grab the project. New babies may try this website.
- Informative website. The support team is also good.
- It is a user-friendly website with a transparent source of payment.
- Payment can be directly transferred to your direct bank account.
- More than 3000+ job skills available to work. Its App is also available for Windows, Android, Mac, and Linux platforms. Using App, you can track the number of working hours associated with the project.
- It is the best website for Content Writers, graphic designers, and website designers. They get responses easily.
- It is one of the most excellent platforms to work online in the world. Freelancer website has the highest number of clients and Freelancers to work in the world.
- You can create Freelancer, client, and even agency account in the single platform.
- The Freelancer may face massive competition on this website. It is the only reason for the low bid price projects available on the Freelancer.com.
- You need to be very responsive. Most of the projects need to complete on an urgent basis.
- The first payment, you get 21 days to credit in your account due to the standard process of verification. Later it will take hardly 2-3 days to transfer the amount in your account.
- You can’t rely on this website for big projects.
- You need to join any membership plan to bid the project. Initially, it was free, but now it is charging. In an open membership plan, you can bid up to eight projects per month.
- Freelancer.com is ideal for short-term projects. You can’t rely on one client for a long-term project.
Although there are pros and cons to Freelancer.com, you can make passive income from this website. I know a few freelancers earning in the range of $15000-$20000 per monthly easily. You can try your luck and earn money online.